Did you know that banana flower is delicious yet nutritious. It has got amazing health benefits like, reducing free radical activity in the body, it can be anti-depressant, reduces anxiety and boosts mood. Try out this banana flower recipie. In Kerala, it is known as VazapuUsli.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 pc Banana Flower
- 2 tsp Turdal
- 2 pcs Dry red chilli
- 1 pcs Green chilli
- 2 tsp Uncooked rice
- 8 to 10 pcs Curry leaves
- 2 tps Coconut oil
- 1/4 tps Mustard seeds
- Cut the flower and chop the buds and keep it in a container containing buttermilk
- ince browning reaction takes place, the chopped buds needs to be dipped in buttermilk. Now take a pan. Add oil and heat it.
- Now add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add the rest of the ingredients that is tur dal, red chillies, green chilli, rice. Saute it.
- Now add little water& salt to this and churn it in mixer. The paste should be thick in consistency. Now steam this in idli maker for 15 minutes. Once it is cooled down break it by using fingers.
- Take a pan. Heat it by adding 1 tsp oil. Put curry leaves, chopped buds, salt and sauté it.
- Now add this steamed and mashed masala to it and sauté it for few minutes. Cover it with a lid for 5-7 minutes to get the favour and aroma.
Serve this fresh and super healthy banana flower salad.
“Let’s Make Life Healtheir& Happier”